Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment - E-Book: Practice Excercises for the NCLEX Exam4.07 · Rating details · 168 Ratings · 8 Reviews
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX(R) Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care--just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook's unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you buildPrioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX(R) Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care--just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook's unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills. It offers unique preparation for the NCLEX Examination and effectively equips you to practice in today's fast-paced healthcare environment.
The only workbook available that provides in-depth practice with prioritization, delegation, and assignment questions similar to those you'll see on the NCLEX Examination, including questions in alternate item formats
Unique three-part organization that (1) equips you with foundational skills to make sound decisions, then helps you apply those skills (2) in straightforward scenarios and (3) then in complex health scenarios
In-depth Answer Key at the back of the book that provides not only the correct answer but also a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question, whether prioritization, delegation, supervision, or patient assignment.
Expanded content focus to include psychiatric/mental health, OB/maternity, and pediatrics along with med-surg areas
New chapters on infection control and obstetrics and maternity
Greater emphasis on questions involving core body systems and related health problems, such as diabetes and cancer, to best prepare you for the conditions you are most likely to encounter on the NCLEX Examination and in clinical practice
Four new unfolding cases addressing long-term care, pediatrics, psychiatric/mental health nursing, and OB/maternity
Additional emphasis on medication safety equips you to take appropriate actions to prevent or remediate medication errors
Multiple-select questions revised to include at least 5 response choices each, keeping you up to date with the full range of NCLEX Examination item formats...more
ebook, 240 pages
Published July 23rd 2014 by Mosby (first published December 5th 2005)
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 4th Edition is the original and most popular NCLEX review book on the market focused exclusively on building prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, this best-selling text establishes your foundational knowledge of management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you transition to practice in today's fast-paced healthcare environment. This new edition features over 60 pages of additional questions, a completely new pharmacology chapter and questions, a content re-alignment to match the latest National League for Nursing guidelines for delegation and patient assignemtn, increased inclusion of LGBTQ-related scenarios, updated infection control coverage, and much more!
- Answer keys offer a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Interactive practice quizzing on Evolve allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of practice sessions in Study Mode or Exam Mode.
- Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination's management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX-RN® Examination.
- Updated content throughout matches the latest evidence-based guidelines and treatment protocols.
- Improved navigation and usability withcolor tabs on the edges of the book's pages and with answers directly following each chapter.
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
New to this Edition
- NEW! More than 60 pages of new questions provide additional practiceprepare you for the prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment questions on the NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- NEW! Pharmacology chapter and expanded pharmacology questions throughout prepare you for the strong pharmacology focus of the latest NCLEX-RN® Exam.
- NEW! Re-alignment of delegation and assignment content and answer key coding to reflect the latest National League for Nursing (NLN) guidelines on what constitutes delegation and what constitutes patient assignment.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on infection control addresses the growing problems of antibiotic resistance and the rapid spread of infectious disease resulting from our globally mobile society and from growing resistance to vaccination.
- NEW! Increased inclusion of LGBTQ scenarios and healthcare concerns prepares you for patient-centered care with LGBTQ clients.
By Linda A. LaCharity, PhD, RN, Formerly, Accelerated Program Director and Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio; Candice K. Kumagai, MSN, RN, Formerly, Instructor in Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas and Barbara Bartz, MN, ARNP, CCRN, Nursing Instructor, Yakima Valley Community College, Yakima, Washington