Sales Representative Cover Letter
Sales Representatives work for a variety of companies and are in charge for promoting and selling products and services. Common work activities listed on a Sales Representative resume are scheduling appointments, identifying customer needs, negotiating contracts, cultivating the relationship with existing customers, placing orders, analyzing sales trends, and making sure sales targets are met. Constant training is required in order to fine-tune their selling abilities.
An example cover letter for Sales Representative makes display of qualifications such as:
- The ability to sell and negotiate
- Networking skills to collect new contacts
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Professionalism and business acumen
- Being able to get over customers who turn them down
- Self-confidence and strong motivation
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and people skills
A sample cover letter for Sales Representative emphasizing the most important skills in the industry appears below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bentz:
Perseverance, exceptional communication skills, and a goal-driven work ethic are all essential components to excelling in sales. As a talented sales professional with a proven history of successfully generating new business and driving revenue growth, I am ready to significantly impact your organization as your next Sales Representative.
Strategizing new business opportunities, achieving product expertise, and creating key customer and supplier relationships define my career accomplishments. My experience in prospecting and securing new accounts—while consistently providing exceptional client service and boosting the bottom line—positions me to surpass even your highest sales objectives.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Successfully maintaining a career-long record of consistently meeting and surpassing sales quotas while earning continual recognition, awards, and bonuses for top sales performance and customer service.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, dealers, and management teams to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior communication, presentation, and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer loyalty and referrals.
Confident in my ability to swiftly stimulate new business opportunities by delivering dynamic presentations and building enduring client connections, I am prepared to greatly contribute to your corporate sales goals. I look forward to discussing my qualifications with you further in the near future. Thank you for your consideration.
Erick C. Kohler
Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time!